Morande Pionero Pinot Noir Reserva 2016

£9.50 inc VAT per bottle
Produced from machine harvested grapes from the Casablanca’s Belen estate, grown on sandy clay soils. The cool climate here is influenced by the proximity to the Pacific Ocean, which gives fruit with high aromatic expression and great freshness. The grapes were crushed and macerated for three days. Following an eight
day fermentation with gentle pump-overs to achieve a delicate extraction of aromas and flavours, 75% of the wine was kept in stainless steel tanks with the remaining 25% aged in used French oak barrels for three months prior to blending and bottling. An attractive ruby-red wine with purplish highlights, the aromas are all red fruits - strawberries and raspberries with an underlying light spice and damp earthiness – something the French call sous-bois, which is a typical aroma for this grape variety. Ripe red berries follow through on the palate, with hints of cloves and dark chocolate, culminating in a roasted coffee bean finish. This is an elegant wine – very fresh with a good balance of acidity and tannins. It pairs well with cold meat charcuterie platters, and try it with Asian cuisine too!
MORELESS

£9.50 inc VAT

CASE SIZE: 1 BOTTLES
-
QTY: 1 BOTTLES
+
Wine info
Country:
Alcohol:
13%
Type:
Volume:
750 ml
Winery:
Winemaker:
N/A
Grape:
Grape %:
100% Pinot Noir